In 1922, mandolin designs began to change, as did the musical tastes of the time. The greatest acoustic engineer of the day began to develop designs that incorporated F-shaped sound holes instead of the oval-hole designs that ultimately tightened up the airy, woody nature of the traditional A-shape, and accentuated the treble frequencies often lacking in previous designs. All combined, these instruments offered the musician better balance and greater volume to meet the ever changing musical styles to come. The Kentucky KM-256 Artist A-model Mandolin offers a professional quality instrument that is still affordably priced. All materials are handcarved, with the tops and backs meticulously arched and graduated to achieve the correct balance of strength and lightweight rigidity for optimal tone. So, for the best value out there in a professional quality A-style mandolin, make America’s Favorite mandolin your choice!
- Solid carved German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice rosewood, radiused fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- High-gloss transparent brown lacquer finish provides a unique vintage look
- Comes with a sturdy, padded ProTour BV-2012 Mandolin Gig Bag, with Kentucky logo