The SVA-500 is an exquisitely crafted, beautifully finished viola that is built for one purpose-TONE! The finest, selected tonewoods are carefully hand-carved and graduated by skilled luthiers of long experience and the result is a full, rich and sympathetic tone that will delight the advanced student. The same lightness of build that makes the SVA-500 so comfortable and easy to hold, ensures a big sound and easy response to the lightest, most delicate touch of the bow. Serious students will progress more rapidly in their studies with a viola that truly inspires them to play.
- Best tone quality for the advanced student
- All handcarved, solid flamed maple back and sides, and select solid spruce top with a rich, hand applied golden red-brown varnish
- Set-up to educational standards at Cremona's workshop in the US with French made Aubert bridge and US made D’Addario Prelude strings
- Quality African ebony fittings and fingerboard with lightweight composite tailpiece with 4 built-in finetuners for easy tuning
- Includes the well balanced J. LaSalle LB-13V brazilwood bow and sturdy Travelite TL-33V arched top oblong case for secure storage and transport
- Tonal properties are further enhanced by the thin, transparent varnish of just the right consistency.