Most banjo players agree that the ideal bluegrass banjo was the flathead built in very limited quantities during the 1930’s. The GF-100 banjo met the demand in the early 1970's for an affordable banjo and was discontinued in the late1980's due to costly manufacturing in Japan but they have continued to be topics of discussion for their legendary sound and value. Now Gold Star GF-100W (Wreath) is back and better than ever before. Each instrument has that same great tone that banjos players like Tom Adams are looking for.
- Select Mahogany neck with Santos Rosewood Fingerboard
- Bound Mahogany resonator with inlaid double concentric rings
- Cast 20-hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deluxe 3-ply rock Maple rim
- Presto Tailpiece
- Deluxe Gotoh tuners with pearloid buttons